Friday, February 27, 2009

1 great recipe + 1 great recipe = 1 REALLY Great Recipe

For about 3 + weeks I've had a hankering for some blueberry muffins. I pictured waking up to the beautiful aroma of sweet blueberries, walking downstairs to a warmed kitchen and John pulling freshly made muffins out of the oven. The tops were still steaming along with my cup of joe as I sat in the sunburst chair next to the window devouring the melted earth balance covered cake. Unfortunatley, this did not happen and I had to take matters into my own hands.
Venturing a block down to the Italian market, blueberries were nowhere to be seen. Oh woe was me. Wanting to get my bake on, I was too lazy to walk the extra 7-8 blocks to whole foods and settled for some raspberries, improvise.
When I came home and picked up an old favorite, Tanya barnard and Sarah Kramer's "How it all Vegan!" and flipped around, you wouldn't believe but they had, on the same page a recipe for blueberry banana muffins and raspberry cornmeal muffins. I decided to take a little of that and throw in a little of this to make a wonderful : Raspberry Banana Cornmeal muffin. Which are absolutely wonderful. I replaced the cup of joe with a nice cup of jasmine and my dream had just about come true...

The Recipe

-2 cups whole wheat pastry flour

-1 1/2 cup cornmeal

-2 tsp. baking powder

-1/2 cup liquid sweetner (agave nectar works, maple syrup...)

-1/2 cup oil

-1 cup rice/soy milk

-2 smashed nanners

-2 tbsp. ground flax seed

-1 cup raspberries

Preheat the oven to 350. In a large bowl, stir together flour and bp. Then add all the liquid ingredients + flax seed. Mix together until everything just comes together (lumps ok) and toss in the raspberries. Spoon into a muffin tin, oiled, cupped, or if you a new non-stick (oh-la-la) and back for about 35 mns. I got about 15 muffins out of this, but that included many finger dippings of the batter :) It's soooo good I think you'll find yourself doing the same. Right out of the oven with a butter sub and man, simply delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment