Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Imagine this...

A simple, delicious meal of veggies, spices, rice, and a food processor. Sounds too easy doesn't it?? That's what I thought... I decided to start this blog for a number of reasons. 1) Since of late my boyfriend converted to veganism (I’ve been on and off the wagon for the past 3 years) and once this happened we started to make very very yummy meals, those of which were sooo good it was and is a crime to keep them to myself. My roomies, bless their hearts, also started catering meals to serve both John and I, and let me tell you, they can cook! 2) I am poor. Who’s not these days? ( if you aren’t, then enjoy it!! Don’t listen to my bargain hints, go the expensive route and live it up.) However, if you are poor, like me, this blog is designed to give you great vegan meals that not only give you more bang for your buck, but more taste for you buds. 3) I’ve got time on my hands (which may be contributing to my poorness) but non the less, I wanted to fill up my days with a type of a job, so I thought, well hell, I can type, ramble like you wouldn’t believe, take great pictures of the food I make….maybe I was born to be a blogger and have now just found my inner calling….or maybe I’m just bored and love having an excuse to bake 5 different things a day…..this we’ll never know. 4) I also need a reason to get out of the house…these days I'm limited on what you would call the "going out fund" (Ray's $3.00 specials... Thank You) . This gives me a reason to walk up to the free wi-fi cafĂ© and sip on a $1.50 cup of joe for 2 hours. 5)I’ve always secretly wanted to be a food critique. So yes, when I do manage to go out, I will tell you all about it with possible illustrations and definite photos. And that my friends is why you are here today, enjoying the fascinating and extravagant meals of my current and yester days. These are for the vegan in me, the vegan in you, and the vegan in who? As Alex the poodle would say, “Bon Appetite!”

No comments:

Post a Comment