Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Brownie Love

Sometimes I wake up and all I want for breakfast is something sweet to dip into my coffee.
This morning was one of those mornings.
Luckily, I had no problem-o whipping up something sweet thanks to How it all Vegan! by Tanya Barnard and Sarah Kramer. In this gem they have an awesome recipe for Maple Walnut Brownies. Best part, the only sugar in them is maple syrup, talk about a perfect breakfast treat or what.
These are super fast and easy to make, however they don't yield that many (only 6!), so if you're looking for a mighty treat to share I would go ahead and double the recipe and bake in a cake pan. I only had olive oil so I went ahead and used that in place of a veggie oil, and they still turned out great. These brownies and nice and dense and moist.
Here's the 'pie .... Enjoy!

Maple Walnut Brownies

-1 1/3 cup flour
-1/3 cup cocoa powder
-1 1/2 tsp baking powder
-1/2 tsp salt
-3/4 cup maple syrup
-1/4 cup aj or water (i use water just not to complicate things....)
-1/3 cup oil
-2 tsp vanilla extract
-1/2 cup walnuts (chopped)

Sift all the dry ingredients together in a medium size bowl. Add the rest of the ingredients (the wet stuff) and mix until "just mixed". Spoon into a lightly oiled 8x8 pan and bake for 5-30 minutes. Test with a knife. Makes 6 large brownies.

No comments:

Post a Comment