Thursday, January 28, 2010

Friends + Food = Potlucks!

Potlucks: Joyous occasions when great friends and great food meet. Who could ask for anything more? For many years now potlucks have been drizzling down and I'm delighted to say that this years forecast calls for rain.
Last week I was invited to a potluck which gathers every Sunday. A wonderful weekly tradition to gather round, meet people, eat, drink, and to sound cliche, be merry!
Although this potluck wasn't strictly vegan, the vegan options were plentiful and delicious.
I contributed homemade focaccia with white bean aioli and BBQ Tofu. One vegan dish that blew my mind was a curry that featured butternut squash!
I have to say the Focaccia turned out amazing. The recipe I used comes from Dynise Balcavage's recent book, "The Urban Vegan". I'll admit, so far I haven't given this book much of a chance, to me the voice of the book is a little pretentious and who publishes a book without pictures ... !?!?!
But, tell you what, her foccacia recipe is simple, extremely easy, and completely dresses to impress.


My plate  = focaccia, aioli, bbq tofu, squash curry, bok choy with ginger, garlic, and tamari 




citrus salad




apple cake from Vegan Bites!




Grubbin' down.

No comments:

Post a Comment