Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Faux Tuna and Nectarine Salsa

I love when the new issue of Vegetarian Times pops through the mail slot. The beautiful pictures, recipes, tips, are just oh so inspiring. The current issue highlights perfect meals to be enjoyed in this hot summer weather. I found the Sea Salad by Bliss Raw Cafe owner Dee Pissaro and a nectarine salsa the perfect hot weather lunch.  

Sea Salad (Mock Tuna Salad) by Dee Pissaro
serves 4

-1 1/2 cups raw sunflower seeds - soaked for 4 + hours
-1 tbsp. olive oil
-1/2 tsp salt
-1/4  cup chopped celery
-2 tbsp. finely chopped sweet pickles (I substituted the best relish in the world from oak grove farms)
-2 tbsp. chopped fresh dill
-2 tbsp. finely chopped fresh parsley
-1 1/2 tbsp dulse flakes
-1 tbsp lemon juice

Drain sunflower seeds, and pulse with oil and salt in food processor until chunky paste forms. Transfer to bowl. Stir remaining ingredients into mixture. 

I put this on whole grain sprouted bread with dijon mustard, avocado, and fresh collards from our garden. It was the best sammy I've had in a long time!! 

For the Nectarine salsa I chopped up 4 nectarines, handful of cilantro, juice from one lime, 2 hot peppers from our garden, and half of a red onion. Then I baked a sprouted tortilla for chips. 


Enjoy!  

1 comment:

  1. I've never heard of dulse flakes. Something to look into.
    This sounds absolutely delicious! I really would like to try it :)

    ReplyDelete