Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Bad Blogger

I apologize for the delays in posts. 
Do I have an excuse ... yes. 

I was in Costa Rica! 

Rain-forests, sloths, monkeys, surfing (it's harder than it looks) and the never ending meal of rice and beans (most of the time ... don't even get me started on "sachipapas")

Quick news ...
before I left I made some more cupcakes for Mazag Cafe, and some "cock-cakes": cupcakes + cocktails for my dear friends graduation party. 

Now that I'm back I will let you know on June 1st, I am starting a 28 day cleanse ( no refined or processed foods, no alcohol, no caffeine, plus the usual no meat no dairy of coarse ....). I'm excited but I know that it will be very challenging! My co-workers at Whole Foods are teaming up with me and we're going to all set our own bar. 

Do any readers want to join?? It doesn't have to be all of the above, but maybe just refined sugars? or flours? I'll be more than happy to provide recipes, support, and give you a link to the blog that we'll be using for our Whole Food team members. 

Almond cupcakes with chocolate ganache and coconut topping


The cockcakes - Black and Tan on left ='s chocolate stout cake with coffee icing and ganache and Mojito on right ='s rum lime cupcake with mint icing and candied ginger!


All the cakes (from front to back): Mojito, Black and Tan, Strawberry Daquiri, Pina-Colada! 


Giant Avocado Stand in Costa Rica. SOO good!


Typical Breakfast - Rice and beans, fixings, and fruit shake!


Thanks for reading!!

Enjoy!

5 comments:

  1. I want one of those avocados! And the cupcakes look amazing! I needed a little cupcake inspiration for my weekend baking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. good luck with the cleanse! the cupcakes look amazing :)
    also, i've always loved the idea of non-American breakfast food. looks like you had a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i've just found your blog but i am totally interested in your cleanse. i did a whole bod detox program in May and would like to keep up the cleansing process so i am all about cutting out everything you spoke of in your post above :D

    - Rick

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome! Thanks Rick! Glad to have you along!!! Keep reading!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving those cupcakes!!! They all look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete