Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Viva La Vita-Mix

My life has been forever changed....ever since it came in to it.
With it's shiny red base, tall sleek sturdy torso, and that rubbery tight fitting head with that adorable little tamper popping out.
Vita-Mix, how I've dreamed of owning one of these machines for oh-so long. Then it happened. The world finally answered my prayers and a stork dropped one on our doorstep (for a pretty penny). It's so beautiful. We are so proud.

OK, seriously, this machine is a MONSTER! It's insane! It does everything, and I mean everything! 
Here's what I've made so far ... (and many of these many times over)

-Smoothies GALORE (with kale, swiss chard, and collards!! + fruit of coarse, but I'm talking the whole fruit ... skin no problem, seeds forget about 'em, cores - bring it. )
-Almond Milk
-Almond Butter (all kinds of nut butter)
-Roasted Red Pepper Hummus
-Vanilla Frappe
-Pineapple Sorbet
-Peanut Butter Banana Milk Shakes
-Peanut Coconut Thai Dipping Sauce
-Pesto
-Chipotle Mayo (this was banging, the recipe to come! but most importantly, no veganaise added!)
-Grapefruit Juice
-Orange Juice
-Tomato Black Bean Soup (oh and the vita-mix heats the soup up too! No stove top baby!)

It kneads your bread. It boils your water. It wipes your ass.

I haven't stopped talking about it since I got it.
I'm hooked.

My Baby with some Green Smoothie left in him!


Green Smoothie = Kale, Chard, Flax Seed, Bee Pollen, Cantaloupe, Pineapple, Banana, and OJ. 

3 comments:

  1. Awesome! Mine is on it's way. The UPS tracking says "out for delivery," so I'm just sitting here waiting for them to come knock on my door!

    xoxo,
    LJ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha great post

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE my VitaMix. How did I live without it?! I've had mine for almost 2 years, and I use it at least once every single day - usually twice.

    Mine doesn't wipe my ass, though. Maybe I should ask for a refund?

    ReplyDelete