Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Raw Strawberry Cake


So today is day 10 for me on the SSSC (super sexy sugar cleanse) - that's refined sugar have you.  As you can imagine my sweet tooth cravings have been calmed by nature's candy such as fruit and agave! Thus, volunteering for cake duty for my boyfriends mom (before the cleanse...), I wanted to make a delicious cake without any refined sugar (a little selfish, but if I'm making it, I want to enjoy it .. ey?) 

You can't go wrong with raw. Amazing, delectable desserts just by throwing some things in a processor and letting them sit over night ... incredible!!! 

I decided to try a cake I've been eyeing for a while that I found on the post punk kitchen, Isa Chandra Moskowitz's blog. 


It turned out great! If you're in the mood for a light, fluffy, rich cake this is just what the doc ordered. On her website she describes it as being very "rich" and that because of this it does indeed serve 16. Mine, for whatever reason didn't turn out as insanely rich as she had described, and it served 5 ... all with seconds (and one piece left over - :). 

Being a non-dairy consumer, this cake reminded me of a yogurt parfait. The cake itself an amazing yogurt (that is what the texture reminded me of) and the crust a rocking granola. 

Not to mention, if you cut strawberries to top it off, it comes out adorable :)
Enjoy!

YUM! For the recipe off of the post punk kitchen, click here!

1 comment:

  1. OMG! I have never seen this on The PPK! It looks so, so, so, so good. I'm making it ASAP!

    ReplyDelete