Sunday, March 28, 2010

TGIF

So, as I mentioned in my previous blog ... Friday was a beautiful day off. Unfortunately, it left me down and out for this weekend was spent sick in bed :( boo-hoo.

Friday though, man, what an awesome day, and to the start of any awesome day is an awesome meal... 
Lauren from vegan royale, made bomb TLT (tofu, lettuce, tomato) - soooo delicious!! I need to make these more often ... weekly, daily... She told me how to make the fakin' bacon with tofu, but two days have passed and I just don't remember ... I do remember that it isn't as time consuming as I once thought. On the side we had a great salad (thanks codee), my lovely split pea soup, and date balls for dessert! 
Our plans were to then see Alice in Wonderland in 3-D, but we got the times mixed up, grabbed a six-er and walked into Hot Tub Time Machine. Im not going to recommend it to anybody, but I will say if you go see it, sneak in a beer or two. 
We then hit up happy hour at the POPE and my lovely, healthy lunch was sabotaged by deep fried seitan wings and french fries ... oh a girl can only do so much. 

T.L.T equipped with avo, veganaise, and mustard


Split-Peasy Soup


Happy Hour was never so happy.



1 comment: